Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Weigh day, Bermuda, NSV and PB from hell!!!

Well, I certainly have a lot of catching up to do.  I have spent this entire week just trying to get into my old routine and in that, read some of your blogs.  I am now getting around to posting.

First, my last official weigh day was April 11th.  So here are the numbers.
April 11th 207.0
Today 203.4
Total lost from the last weigh day is 3.6 and total is 43.6.

Now, while I am not thrilled with 3.6 lbs in 4 weeks, I am happy for a loss.  Plus, I weighed on the Thursday before we left and I was 207.4 and when I returned it was 205.6.  Almost 2 lbs lost while on the cruise.  I was extremely happy with that.  So that said, I lost 4 lbs in 2 and a half weeks.  I am cool with that.

I went to see my surgeon on Friday, May 4th.  He was so pleased with my results that he said he did not want to give me a fill and chance being too tight.  Works for me.  He still wants me to join a gym, but I just cannot fit it into the budget right now.  I need a new vehicle and am praying my old car keeps going for another year....so I am trying to keep my expenses so that I can afford a car payment next year.  I am working on proving to him that I can do this without going to a gym.  So I will keep my walking up and add some resistance training.

Bermuda!!!!  What can I say....WOW!!!!  It is sooooo beautiful!!!  I will post some pics soon.  I have only a few on this pc to show you.  We had a blast.  The cruise there and back was a bit rocky, but we all did well.  Can't say the same for quite a few others....they even had barf bags beside the elevators.
We went into St. George and wanted to see this old church built in the 1600's called St. Andrews.  Here is a pic of the steps....

And me after running up the steps Rocky style.  :)  My sisters were cheering me on.  A couple of things to note....one, I ran up steps.  wow  Second, I am wearing shorts.  (size 16 I might add)  That is huge...I NEVER wear shorts.

I had several NSV's while on this trip.  One, when I saw a pic of me I gasped and said, OH my word!!!  I have definition in my face!!!  I FINALLY saw my weight loss.  Second, we went into a store to get souvenirs.  I bought myself a t-shirt, but later when I was showing it to my sisters they were like, Um, Joyce....yeah....no, you need a smaller size!  YES!!! :)  Then, on the second day in Bermuda, I was sitting in the back seat of the taxi and I suddenly burst out with..."Oh my God!!!  My legs are crossed!!!"  I took a picture....will share later...it is on my home pc.  So, as you can see, this has been an exciting week.  Time with my sisters...lost 2 lbs and it was full of NSV's.

I was unsure how my band would do, but I was able to eat fine.  Then when I got home, I noticed that things didn't go down quite as easy.  On Tuesday after we got home, I was eating some turkey loaf and had a PB from hell.  It was aweful!!!  So bad that I couldn't even drink water 4 hrs later.  I had such a headache and couldn't even take liquid tylenol.  It bubbled and came right back up.   Whew, huge lesson learned.

Now, back to routine of work, play and preparing for a new grandbaby!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love that picture of you! And I think that's a great loss! Good job!!!

    Sarah @ Thinfluenced

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss! Glad you had a great trip and had some NSVs along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Baby Girl, I am so proud of you. We did have a good time. You did so good on the cruise. We're very conscious about what you were eating and of course we were doing a lot of walking which also was a plus. Then you even made use of the on ship gym. Damn girl that is dedication. God bless you. Then we did the 3 mile Walk For The Cure. So no wonder you lost 2 lbs. most people gain weight on a cruise, but our family tends to either stay the same. You exceeded this and have that to be very proud of. God Bless you. Keep up the good work. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for shorts!

    Yay for size 16!

    Yay for YOU in doing the work to make your weight loss possible! :)

    ReplyDelete