Monday, October 17, 2011





I was feeling a little crabby on my birthday.  ha ha ha, Just kidding.  I felt pretty good.  Had some family in and we went to an aquarium. My husband couldn't resist getting this picture.

Well, time is moving nicely and I am so ready for my visit with the surgeon on Friday the 21st.  I am ready to get this show on the road.  :)

Last week I took some time to read some more blogs.  I am going to expound on what I said last time about the blogs of folks that have already gone thru the journey.  Something I have noticed about reading them is that in the beginning, they HAD all the fears I have now.  Can I do this?  Will I fail at this too?  Will my insurance give me the thumbs up?  And then as I read each blog, the days go by, the months go by and I watch as they come to the realization of, "Yes, I AM doing this!  I CAN succeed.  I do have to put forth the effort, but with the help of the band, I can achieve my dreams."  Reading these blogs has been like reading a book.  The baseline story, the issues, the climax and then achieving the goal, only to make new goals and to live life.  Oh how exciting.  I got so into a blog the other day that something negative happened and I was heart broken.  I'm so crazy.  My point is, all your blogs are helping me see that I will get over those feelings and over any hurdles.

My husband expressed concern over me losing so much that I will look sickly (ha ha, I can't say I have ever had anyone worry like that over me before...well, not for that reason.)  I think he see's all my determination and doesn't want me to get crazy................well, crazier.  :)  I told him, I just want to be comfortable.  He looked at me like he wasn't sure what I meant.  I said, you know that poofy hunting coat you hate because you look like Randy in Christmas Story....."I can't put my arms down..."  He said yes and I said, that is how I feel all the time.  I saw the light bulb come on over his head.  I just want to be comfortable.  Not Twiggy (or what ever her name was).

No comments:

Post a Comment