Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the largest one of all OR a pictures worth a 1000 lbs.

Typical to anyone getting the band, doubts run thru your mind.  Can I do it on my own? I did it in my 20's. Should I do this?  The answer is a resounding YES.   I take time to reflect on all my MANY attempts at weight loss over the past years and know that I need this tool to help me on this journey.

I had the pleasure of visiting family in Delaware this past week and now have some family visiting me from Alaska and Delaware.  We ventured off to see an old Civil War fort and when I looked at the picture of myself, I was at a loss for words.  Why is it, I see one thing in the mirror and another in pictures.  This picture will help to keep me grounded in my decision to get the band.

(oh, and I do have two legs.)  :)
This picture definitly opened my eyes.

As I mentioned, I was able to visit family.  I had told two of my sisters and was taking this time to share my news with the other.  I explained the procedure to her to eliminate any fears she may have.  She saw my excitement and was on board immediately. Also, my oldest sister shared my news with her children (grown children).  My niece wrote me the sweetest letter telling me how proud she is of me and how not to look at this as a failure or weakness (as many view it), but as success and strength.  Needless to say, I cried.  Oh how blessed I am to have this support group.  My cup overruneth. :)

1 comment:

  1. I was so happy to have had my Baby Girl visit this past week. You and your family are such a joy. It was my daughter that wrote her the letter and I was so proud of her for writing it. It was a surprise and ReJoyce shared with me and I also cried. We are such a compassionate family and we all look forward to giving unconditional support to you Baby Girl.

    ReplyDelete