Friday, March 9, 2012

The ghost of husband past.....

Well, this week has been full of some issues and eye openers for me.  There was an issue this week and I reacted....yes, with food.  Without even realizing it, I had pulled the leftovers out of the fridge and began to eat them (it would be REALLY nice to have some restriction in this band).  The next day I was like, what the heck!!!  It is definitly time to make my 3 month post op appt with the counselor.  ugh

Then the ghost of ex-husband 2 showed up.  No, not really him, but someone that sounded so much like him that I had an instant reaction.  You may recall from my first blog about my second husband.  You can read it here .  Anyhow, it has been 6 years since we split and I didn't realize it still affected me.

Here is how I made this revelation.  My son was in a fender bender.  He came home last night and of course, he was like, "first, it wasn't my fault".  lol, I love when they start off with that.  Anyhow, he said, "mom, this guy reminded me so much of him (my second ex husband)".  So I made some calls today to figure out what to do and this man (that my son was in the fender bender with) calls and leaves a message on my cell.  When I was listening to it, first, I almost threw up, then I almost cried.  My son was right, he sounded so much like him.....just the way he worded things and all.  I was surprised by my physical reaction and I realized just how much my ex affected my life.

So I called the counselor....dang, they leave early on Fridays.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that happened but glad your son is ok. I totally get what you mean about certain people triggering a reaction. Wow that is so much like me!! But the fact that you recognize that is really smart of you. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete